If you put and use a lot of thing in your hair, you most probably need to detoxify your hair. This is because using too much chemicals on our hair causes it to become heavy, dull, and unhealthy. Most common products we use in our hair contain harsh chemicals, even shampoos and conditioner. These chemicals strip the natural oils in our hair. So to revive your hair, you must detoxify it.
There are a lot of detox products available in the market but choosing the best product can be confusing since some of these products may also contain harsh chemicals and are also very expensive. To make sure that you are using an effective, safe and inexpensive product for your hair, it is better to use natural products that you can find at home.
- Coconut Milk – This common product actually contains all the nutrients and fats that our hair needs for healthy growth and scalp. You can add essential oils to boost the effect of coconut milk or you can also buy from shops that sell natural coconut milk shampoos.
- Lemon Juice – This is recommended if you want to remove impurities like drug metabolites if you are using marijuana. Mix lemon juice to a pail of tap water and let it sit overnight before using it the next day to wash your hair.
- Vinegar with Salicylic Acid – Wash your hair with vinegar first. Next, wash your hair with salicylic acid. Wash one more time with detergent then rinse thoroughly.
- Rosemary – To use rosemary, heat grape seed oil and dried rosemary leaves in low heat for three hours. Once the oil are infused with rosemary essence, strain the liquid into a container then cool overnight. The next day, use it to wash your hair by massaging it into your hair and scalp then rinse thoroughly.
- Apple Cider Vinegar & Baking Soda – In the palm of your hand, mix baking soda and a bit of water to create a paste. Massage the paste into your hair and scalp to remove dirt and toxins. Rinse your hair then wash your hair again using apple cider vinegar mixed with warm water to remove drug metabolites.
Sea salt mixed with bicarbonate soda and apple cider vinegar is also known to effectively remove drug metabolites and used by some people to pass hair test. For more information on hair detox related to hair drug test, check out Granite State Distance Learning Network (GSDLN) at gsdln.org.